Pages

layout

March 21, 2012

N'AWLINS..

 New Orleans 2012
The House on Joliet
found at VRBO.com
 It was awesome! It had 4 bedrooms, a pull out sleeper and a "slave courters" (this is what the owners called it) that had a bedroom,bathroom and kitchenette.  CRAZY huh.


I got my coffee with cream in it and I put a tab of sugar in it and of course those yummy beignets.
You can BUY the mix for beignets HERE for $3.11
and the chicory coffee HERE for $6.22

I wish I would have bought a bundle of the stuff while I was there, but you can also order that too!!


I hate OLIVES, so I was too scared to try this Mufflette that my Aunt kept speaking of.
so I tried, a roast beef asiago instead. HOLY DIVINE!!!!!
asiago bread, provolone cheese, roast beef, onion, horse radish and tomato YUM!

My Aunt really wanted to take me to get an ORIGINAL Muffletta at Central Grocery Company
but they were closed on Sundays :(

Below is the recipe for one, after I ordered my meal- I took a bite of the muffletta... DELICIOUS!

  • 1 loaf Mufaletta bread (or Italian bread)
  • 1 cup olive mix
  • 1/4 lb sliced ham
  • 1/4 lb sliced mortadella
  • 1/4 lb sliced Genoa salami
  • 1/4 lb sliced provolone
  • 1/4 lb sliced mozzarella




I got the Ferdi Po Boy  (seen above) 
UNREAL. Melt in YO MOUTH!
 

BOURBON STREET
home of the hand grenade

and from the night of drinking those grenades


 so excited about Vandy being in SEC tourney champ game
maybe had too many grenades

Hurricane Ingredients



Don't we look like such tourists....dorky I know, but we were FREEZING!!

We also stopped by at one of those stop & go Daquiri Shops
and got these.... Mango Daquiri



We also visited the LOWER NINE
the area hit the most by Hurricane Katrina
Brad Pitt has gone in and donated a ton of money to help people rebuild their lives.
HERE are some pictures of devastation 6 years later.



such a great time in New Orleans with The Wade family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message ;)